Monday, February 6, 2012

Direction


Have you ever gotten lost? Or should I say, remember all the times you have been lost? Did you ever think about how you got lost so that it won’t happen again? Or do you avoid the self-examination to keep your self-esteem at an acceptable level? Do you keep getting lost your own little secret? Or do you let everybody know about your lack of any sense of direction? Has getting lost ever gotten you in trouble mechanically, or getting stuck or ending up in the wrong part of town? So, at what point do you realize that you are lost? Do you figure it out, or does someone have to repeatedly point it out to you? At what point do you ask for or seek help? Are you embarrassed to admit that you are lost or are you embarrassed to ask for help? Are you lost and don’t even know it? Are you tired of the people who are trying to help help you find your way, but they only lead you in the wrong direction? 

I have found that I need a map. I need that map to know where I am going and how to get there. I need a map to know the detours to avoid and the obstacles that will get me into trouble. I need my map to know who to trust when I ask for help before I get lost again. I have found I need help and there is no shame in asking for it. I have found that I was lost but now I am found.  Here's My Map.

Geremy

No comments:

Post a Comment