Monday, February 6, 2012

Wet Hook or Dry Hook


Some people say I am obsessed with fishing, I however, would say I am dedicated. There is a difference.  For me, I talk with God best in the symphony of God’s creatures and creations produced in the outdoors where I can listen to Him and not the noise of the world.  When I fish I slow down, put things in perspective, see what is important, set new goals, and learn to accept what God has given me.  A wise old fisherman once told me, “You can’t catch a fish without a hook in the water,”  As a kid I took him at his word. One time in high school I fished for 38 hours straight, only to catch 2 small perch.  Since then, I have also learned that it is also important to fish in the water where the fish are.  For me, a dedicated fishermen, I need to be willing to go where the fish are, fish with what He has blessed me with and have joy in the catch He provides.  When I leave this world I pray people will say, “There was a man that always had a hook in the water.”

Geremy

Passing along the beach of Lake Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew net-fishing. Fishing was their regular work. Jesus said to them, "Come with me. I'll make a new kind of fisherman out of you. I'll show you how to catch men and women instead of perch and bass." They didn't ask questions. They dropped their nets and followed.
Mark 1:16-18 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment