Monday, February 6, 2012

Eternal Math


I can’t count the number of times someone has said, “We aren’t successful at our church or ministry because we can’t...” Many times it is numbers or attendance that are the gauge for their success. Isn’t our heart, soul and mind what God has requested of us? Does He even care about the number of first time commitments or attendance records that we have racked up? I remember when I told God “Okay, I will do whatever You want me to do and go wherever You want me to go.” Then, over the next 20 years, I have continued to learn how much different God’s measure of success is from our own. He cares about the person that we give hope to when we stop and help when their car is broken down alongside the road, when we give dreams to the kid who no one else gives a chance, and when we give passion to those who see us care when no one else does. God cares about how we worship and serve Him with a result of people’s lives being changed around us because of Him. Our hearts need to serve God so that our body can share God and our mind can thank God. The result of this is eternal success that cannot be calculated in human terms. 

Geremy

No comments:

Post a Comment